Friday, September 2, 2011

I’m Back!!

I’ve had a bit of an unplanned blog-break over the past few several weeks. But I’m back on board again and hoping I’ll be able to post a bit more regularly again. Of course I’ve still been keeping up with what you’ve all been doing … and even managing a comment every now and then too – oh what a slacker I’ve been lol.
So I guess you’re wondering what I’ve made?? Oh please say yes he he he ……
First are the covers for the arms of Mums recliner chairs – the one even has pockets for all her remotes etc. Luckily I had some fabrics left from the covers I made for her at Christmas time – perfick match :o)!!
I’ve also had loads of fun making some of these …334) Dawn's Pot PieIsn’t it gawjus??!! It’s for putting your hot pots on to save burning the benchtop!! This one was part of a dear friend’s birthday gift.
I also made a Bucket of Buckets for another dear friend, some cute covered notebooks from this tutorial (so easy peasy – thanks Clare!!) and even another doctor bag (my favourite so far)!!!
While trying to take pics of my last finish for last month I had the usual problems with Sophie (CEO Quality Control) giving me a hand and sneaking underneath for a ‘catnap’ checking for any loose threads on the back he he he ……
I also got a delightful surprise from a very special friend last month. Maria and I ‘met’ through blogging back in 2008 and we finally got to meet for real for the first time last year when DH and I went to UK. Look at the fabulous goodies she sent me!!!!!
The wallhanging is in my loungeroom now, I think of Maria each time I see it!! Oh, and those fingerless gloves are SO soft and just right for me as I can even stitch in them. Thanks again Maria for your unbelievable kindness …. I love it all :o)!!!
Before I go I just want to let you know about a new blogger – Pami – finally Jeanette’s and my nagging has brought her to blogland lol – please pop over and say hi to her :o)!!
Well that’s it from me for now ……… hopefully I can get back into the swing of things again ;o) ………

16 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

Welcome back to blogland sweet one :) You have been busy as always and its great to see all you have done :) Lovely goodies and I love the pot holder!! Gorgeous! hugs Vicki x

Unknown said...

Well You have been Busy & Missed in Blogland even though I know I can find you on FB..lol
Love the Potholder so Cute & looks so Real...
cheers

Jeanette said...

About time Miss Joyous. Even Pami will be happy now. :) lol. Love the goodies you made & received. Hugs,

Fiona said...

Wellcome back and with such aplomb... I love all your goodies you have made...
Hugz

Pami said...

nag nag nag nag nag nag nag

YAYYYYYYY!!!...about time you slacker!!.. :-) pami xox

Larissa said...

Welome back to blogland Joy! You have been missed!
What lovely pieces you have finished in that time though!! I especially love those recliner arm covers - gorgeous!!! And the hotpad - gorgeous!!
Your little gifties are gorgeous too ... what a lovely friend!

Sheila said...

Great to see you back Joy , you have been a busy lady and accomplished a lot of sewing , such a talented gal you are !!

Sue said...

Welcome back. We've all missed you.

Dawn said...

OH HI 'Gawjus' missed your sweet voice in blogland... and oh that pot holder is wonderful...I am making a real life berry pie tonight to go...want some with fresh cream or icecream, maybe custard...LOL...
Thanks a million... its adorable...to good to use...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Marilyn said...

Hi Joy, I was going to email you today - was talking about you at the shop last night - all good talk. I was buying my fabrics for the doctor bag. I bought one lot but decided I wasnt happy with it (as we do), so just had to buy more.
Love the pot holder, and all the other goodies.
Will catch up with you soon - ready for another fun class.
Hugs, xx

quilterliz said...

G'day Joy. It's my first time posting to your blog. I made your "Let's get Buzzy" pattern as a birthday gift for a friend some months ago and she just loved it. The hotpad is great. Take care. Liz...

Allie said...

Welcome back you gawjus girl - of course we want to see what you've made! Those recliner covers are fantastic, really nice, hon, and I love that hot pad! Wow that is the neatest thing. I love everything you've made! And what a special package you got from Maria - very sweet!

Chris H said...

Sometimes I think I should NOT read your blog... cos I get so many FANTASTIC IDEAS from you!
YOur latest projects are adorable. I'm off now to find some fabric to make a pot pad.... THANKS.

OH... and have a lovely weekend Chick.

Rebecca said...

You busy thing , where do you find the time need to know might help me . What a lovely things to get in the post .
Hugs Bec

Chookyblue...... said...

nice to see you back.......

wonderwoman said...

lovely to have you back, i've missed you! thanks for your very kind words!

xxx