Saturday, June 25, 2011

Last week :o)

Well it certainly is nice to be back to normal on my ‘puter!!! We’ve been on “go slow” for the past few days and it’s been driving me CRACKERS!!!!!! I've been driving to McDonalds to use their free WIFI to download my emails each morning lol. I tried to do a post the other day but it was taking forever – so here I am now – better late than never ;o).

I was wanting to tell you all what a fun time I had at the Beenleigh Quilt show last week – I met lots of lovely quilters – and some bloggy friends too (Hi Maddy!!) - new and old ;o). The only one I managed to get a piccy of was Julie (yes I know – terribly slack of me!). Julie’s husband Joe was taking the pics – what a laugh he he he……..
   
Thanks Joe LOL, at least he managed to get one good one of us he he ... 
My DD2 came to help me a couple of the days I was there too …. can you tell she was a bit cold??? We both bought a pair of these, lovely snuggly hand crocheted slippers – mine are pink of course :o)…
I found a way to keep her happy though …
… the coffee was for me ;o)!! Thanks for the cupcake Margaret, it was DELISH :o)!!!!!!

My DH and I took Sunday for ourselves and did a spot of fishing. It was the first time we’ve managed to get the boat in the water for about 18 months. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy wetting a line, and even though all my catches were throw backs – my dear 'hunter and gatherer' managed to catch a couple of meals for us…
I just love that last pic of Bundy sneaking in to check out the spoils he he he.


The rest of last week turned into a bit of a blur lol … I got a bit of sewing done, and I’ve been getting this new bag pattern written up too, just a little bit left to do now so I'll show you all :o) …

This bag opens with a hinged light-weight alluminium frame – just like the old fashioned Doctor’s bags … 
And I was surprised by how easy peasy it was to put in!!! I’ve also done another version in brighter colours – but I’m not so keen on the shape of the frame in this one, what do you think?? …
Well I’d better be off and finish writing up the pattern. Once I can come up with a name for this I’ll be having a giveaway ………… any ideas?????

17 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Oooo, what an exciting life you lead hun. The green bag is my fave but I can't decide if it's because of the shape or colour. That bag frame looks really interesting and I quite fancy giving one of those a go.
Fishing, yum fresh fish is so expensive these days what fun to do the hunter gatherer thingy.
Have a great day, glad you're back to normal speed.
hugs
Miche'le

Maddy said...

I too wouldn't mind making one of those bags. They very much remind me of the Doctors bag when he would call at the house to treat me as a child. He called it he's bag of tricks. Always made us feel better before he left. Mary Popins had a similar bag too.
"Joy's Bag Of Tricks"

Dawn said...

Oh Joy love the pic in two parts...so cute... and I just love the bag its so gorgeous...your a clever chook....I could pack up all my troubles in that bag..he he. amazing...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Fiona said...

Hope the show was a great success.... I love your new bags... what about "Emma's bag" or "Constance" I agree about the Dr's bag look and Emma Constance Stone was a notable woman and dr for Aus....
http://www.womenaustralia.info/biogs/AWE0048b.htm

Sheila said...

Love your new bags...but someone beat me to my first thought which was a Mary Poppins bag :)

Lucky-1 said...

Oh i love that bag...make a good traveler's tote.... hey you could call it that????

HUGGLES
Lucky

Anonymous said...

i love both your bags well done they look great,what about the mad hatter bag ,lol

Sue said...

Between quilt shows and fishing you've whipped up those gorgeous bags. I love them and really really love that old fashioned opening. I just might have to get me one of those.

wonderwoman said...

wow, that all sounds amazing!

xx

pamkennison said...

Hi Joy, love the bag, want a pattern once you get it going.....think you could call it House Calls :) Looks like you had alot of fun at the show

Cheers

Pam

Cath Ü said...

Nice bag Joy... you do such lovely work...... I hope you find a name for your bag.... that is one of the hardest things I find to do... naming the patterns... LOL

I bet the fish was delicious....

Cath Ü

Fee said...

I love both versions of your bag hun. The flat head looks good - I love that fishy in batter - LOL..... Tell Bear she has very cute feet.

Hugs - Fee xX

StitchinByTheLake said...

My husband would have loved to have been on that fishing trip with you. :) I'm curious...where did you get the hinged frame for your bag? blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

The bag is beautiful. It's very difficult to find a name for the bag. Why don't you call it Joy-bag or dr. Joy-bag. I'm not good at this.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

LOVE the bags!!! Both of them - gorgeous!! You clever Ethel. :-)
Well done on the fishing, Darryl!
Hugs
Jen
xxx

Lorraine said...

Love the bags - I struggle with bag patterns so am in awe of those of you who whip them up so easily! I like Dr Joy's Medicine Bag!

Jan said...

How about "Londonderry Bag" Joy? I love it!! Like the idea of the frame too...as a bag designer myself I think I will HAVE to buy the pattern for this one too! LOL Have just posted your story on Cath's and my blog so feel I know you already! Ü Hope to see you at the Redland Quilt show...hoping to get down there again this year! Cheers, Jan