Thursday, March 31, 2011

Joy’s Cave …… Enter at own risk!!!

Hello everyone, oh it’s nice to be back – I can’t believe it’s been over 2 weeks since I last posted - eeek!!!! I’ve been in my little cave sewing up a storm. This sign has never been more appropriate lol…March 11 110 Nikki made this for me and I LOVE it ;o)!!!
Wanna see what I’ve been up to???
Well I’m going to show you anyway :o). I wanted to do this post today so that I could add these goodies to my March OPAM list ;o). No flies on me LOL.
This gawjus quilt will be off to The Quilters Shack in Bundaberg very shortly – as soon as I get her ‘Honeybun Fun’ friends made up too ;o)…
that’s the front of the quilt on the left, and the back on the right. It’s made from my “Slice ‘n’ Dice” pattern, a quilt-as-you-go reversible quilt made with fat 1/4s. It’s one of my fave designs and I just LOVE it in these pretty Mary Rose beauties that Sue-Ellen sent for me to make it in – yumm!!! I’ll be teaching at Quilters Shack in June so if you’d like to learn my quilt-as-you-go methods give them a call :o). This is what you’d make in the class…March 11 093and it’s another March finish for me WooHoo :o)!!!
Here’s a couple more March finishes…
Another version of my “Pack Up Your Troubles” bag in Simple Abundance fabrics – this is the 3rd one I’ve made of this bag :o). Now you can probably see that I haven’t yet stitched the buttons onto the yo yo flowers, but they’re going on this afternoon so I’m including it anyway ;o).
And……
this new version of my “Beach Tote” done in pretty batiks.
Phew …. I sure have kept my Rosie busy this month, and she’s handled it all like a real trooper :o).
I’m off to do more stitching … I bet poor Rosie is shaking in her boots LOL!!!!! Before I go though I just want to remind you all to pop over to visit my sweet friend Vicki’s new website ‘The Pickledish Patch’….Vicki\(click on the piccy for the link) She’s got loads of fabulous goodies in there, I’ve got my order in already!!! Pop in and have a look :o).
I hope you’ve had a productive month too!!!!

6 comments:

Maria said...

OMG Joy you have been sew busy. Lovely bags made in great fabrics.

Wish I lived closer so I could go to one of your workshops.

Nellie put the kettle on said...

I too wish I lived closer, never done a quilt-as-you-go, quilt. Been meaning to look into to it someday. It looks lovely especially how that one is reversable.

Allie said...

Wow Joy I'm surprised you haven't worn Rosie out yet! What GORGEOUS gorgeous projects. And how I wish I lived a whole lot closer to you....I'd be taking workshops for sure!

Roseanne said...

Boy o boy you have been very busy in your cave sewing up all those love things.

wonderwoman said...

Wow you have been a busy bee - love the quilt - am definitely going to make one!!!!

xxx

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy-Belle! What pretty pretties you've been working on ... very girly! :0) Oh ... The Quilters Shack is a wonderful place to visit ... but very dangerous to my budget! Tee! Hee! Hee! I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip to Bundy immensely!! Bear Hugs! KRIS