Saturday, August 28, 2010

What fun we had … the last bit!!

I just realised I forgot to show you the other thing I was working on at the retreat!!! I’ve been making some chair covers for my lovely Mum for Christmas. I found a jelly roll and some charms that I’d bought AGES ago in my stash and decided that they contained just the right blue so took them with me. Honestly … when I unravelled them I realised how absolutely GAWJUS they were, it’s an old line that I’d probably have a devil of a job finding any more of lol – Portobello Market … but isn’t it just scrummy!!!??!August 2010 137 I love the ‘blues’ … just gawjus!! I’m making the covers using 3 strips from my “Diamonds and Braids” quilt pattern, it’s quilt as you go so I’ve still got to join the strips … got more braided strips to do yet ;o).August 2010 136 My friend Jill was also making the D&B quilt, don’t you just LOVE the fabrics!!! They’re Bali Pops – ‘Cappucino’ – simply stunning!!SSQ Gympie 2010 048 Think I need to get me some of those too ;o).

So here’s the last pic from the retreat ….SSQ Gympie 2010 117 this is my friend Valerie (in pink) and me with Karen and Roslyn – two of the three lovely ladies who organised our fabulous weekend … So to Karen and Roslyn and Kelly ... thank you - you gawjus ladies :o)!!!!

Don’t forget … you’ve still got time to tell me how many buttons are in the jar!!!!!!! Just click on the link to see the jar of buttons, then leave a comment with your guess – there’s a pretty “Plume” charm pack to be won :o)!!!!

12 comments:

Allie said...

It's beautiful Joy, I can't wait to see the finish - will you be posting it? BEFORE Christmas?

Anonymous said...

What a great pattern. You can still get the fabric on etsy last time I looked.

Sounds like a lovely retreat with friends.

KaHolly said...

Can't wait to see it finished, Joy! It's so pretty. ~karen

Maria said...

Just gawjus and I am sure you Mum will love them.
Oh Retreats are such fun!!

Judith Tetley said...

What a great month you have had Joy darling....lots of sewing and lots of laughter. I'm out surfing for my Early Bird Lucky Dip draw...guess what you are in!
Hugs..Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Chris H said...

Yep, love the blues too! I love how you spell gorgeous too! very funny.

Julia said...

It's beautiful Joy,love the blues...it really adds a great zing!
Julia ♥

Carin said...

Looks like a blast! Don't you always find new stuff you "need" at retreat LOL!

wonderwoman said...

it looks lovely Joy, i bet your mum will be thrilled!! Not many sleeps now!!!

x

John'aLee said...

I'm so jealous of all you bloggers out there posting about 'retreats'! You all look like you are having just way too much fun.
Beautiful work by the way!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it finished Joy, it looks fantastic so far. I just love buttons too *smile*. toni xxx

Teresa said...

Just gorgeous Joy. I love your fabrics too. Sounds like you had a lot of fun on your retreat, they are addictive aren't they? I can't wait to go on the next one. Going back a post.... I nearly cried when I saw your Mums Hexie quilt! What a patient, controlled person she must be ha ha. xx