Friday, May 14, 2010

What have I been up to??

Well I’m still playing with the gawjus “Gypsy Rose” jelly roll and am making good progress ~ although nothing much to show you yet. However … I’ve also been doing some other stitching that I can show you ~ here’s my first finish for May … Fiona – do you recognise this ;o)???May 2010 157 This is my version of Fiona’s lovely design - “Florentine Doily” … it’s a breeze to make and I think the yo yos look so pretty on it. Ooh look, it’s just right on my hutch with my pretty china behind it ;o). Cute birdy hey Jenny ;o)!!??!May 2010 159I made my yo yos with the ‘Clover’ flower shape yo yo maker using some charm squares that were left over from another project. May 2010 161If you’d like to make one of these sweet doilies you can get the pattern or the kit from Fiona at Mother's Cupboard.

I also got together with my (no blog) friends Valerie and Lynn on Wednesday and we all made one of these ….013Would you believe this is made out of 3 tea towels??!! Isn’t it a super shopping bag, and so nice and strong too :o). This t’riffic design is by Judith and was in Handmade magazine a few months ago. It even has a pocket on the front for my mobile phone :o).

So now at least I have a couple of finishes to put on my OPAM list, I wonder if I’ll manage any more this month ;o)?????

Don’t forget Jenny is auctioning her “Beauty is Timeless” cushion this week and all the money raised will be going to -hd_worldsYou still have time to put in your bid to buy the cushion!!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend,

14 comments:

Terry said...

What a sweet doily! And I love the bag! That outside pocket for a cell phone is great! :0)

Needled Mom said...

I love the cute doily. It is so nice to see them coming back into style.

Your bag is fabulous. 3 tea towels? Amazing!

Rae Ann said...

The doily is fabulous to say the least and what a darling bag! Thanks for sharing!

Micki said...

I love the doileys...the yo yos really do make it.
Micki

Vicki ♥ said...

It is so pretty Joy and I love the flower yo-yo's. I like your bag too...and yes one must have a part for the mobile phone.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Awww Joy - your doily is gorgeous!!! Our Fee does make a super pattern doesn't she?!

Love the tea-towell bag too - Judith is a genius!

Lovely post sweetie, lovely pics too!
Hugs in abundance!! Vikki :-) xx

Allie said...

Joy your doily turned out wonderfully, so pretty how you have it on your hutch!
Love the tea towel bag too - and yes, you need a cell phone pocket!

wonderwoman said...

lovely stitching Joy, and that bag is brilliant!!!

xxx

Unknown said...

Love the Edging on your Doily..looks Lovely...Great Bag too...You have been Busy...
cheers

Fee said...

I just love your version of my doily Joy - It is so pretty !! And I love the bag too.

Aunty said...

I love the doily, it looks stunning. The bag is great too.

Nanette Merrill said...

It really is beautiful. Lovely.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Gorgeous birdie indeed! Joy, I haven't seen those yoyos - how pretty!!! Love the fabrics....

prashant said...

What a sweet doily!
PPC Advertising India