Saturday, November 14, 2009

Necessity is the Mother of invention :o).

Have you ever stood at the counter of a shop and hunted through your wallet for your "rewards card" ... you know, the card that they stamp ... then once you have the required amount of stamps you get a free coffee or doughnut etc. Well, I did that the other day and I decided I needed to keep them all in the one place. Now, you can see that in one of two ways ... I either shop too much, or I drink waaaaay too much coffee (and doughnuts). Okay ... I give in, it's definitely the latter LOL. I just LOVE my skinny latte' from Michel's Patisserie he he.
So ........... this is what I made to keep all my 'rewards' cards in ...... isn't it cute!!!??! ....... Open it up and here's all the cards - so much easier to find now. I've got my 'free coffee' cards all in the one pocket and the others are distributed among the rest of the little pockets!!
This little darling took me less than an hour to make ... and that was with designing it as well, so I reckon you could whip one up in much less time!!! If you're interested in making one ... let me know by leaving a comment ~ and if there's enough interest I might do a tutorial for it if you like :o).

I also went shopping last week for a new toy!!! Isn't she pretty!!! DH needed a little camera to take with him when he goes out on the motorbike ... just one that would fit in his pocket as his is one of those fancy shmancy ones with lots of buttons and stuff. Soooo, since he only wanted his as a 'second' camera we decided I should have the new one and he could have my old one .... which by the way is still very good :o).
Course ..... she had to have a new "coat" ..... didn't want to scratch the new screen he he he.....

Bear finished her art project this week and has handed it in for assessment - thought you might like a squizz ;o) ... do I sound like a proud Mum LOL??? She had to have an "Australian" theme and it had to be a bit abstract ... so she came up with this which I think is rather clever .... good old Hills hoist with the gorgeous sunset behind it. That little scroll has the words to "Among the Gumtrees" on it ;o)!!!!! You can't see it very well in this pic but she actually wove some wire through the canvas for the clotheslines ;o).
Speaking of "Hills Hoists" ... I'd better go and get my washing done too he he he.
Don't forget you still have time to enter my giveaway!!! Just leave a comment on the previous post to be in it and I'll be drawing the winners tomorrow night (Brissy time).

38 comments:

grandmarockton said...

would love to know HOW! As I have quilt shop rewards cards I could keep track of easyier. THANKS

barb's creations said...

I would love a tutorial on making one of these great card wallets.I also have way too many cards lol :) Barb.

Perri said...

Yes, I do need to make myself one of those reward card holders, I'm always trying to find that particular card also :-))!!
It would be lovely if you could share this wonderful idea as a tutorial :-))
Happy stitching, P

Vicki ♥ said...

What a fabulous idea! I could use one for all my Layby cards lol.
hugs Vicki

craft-crazed said...

I definatley think you should make a tutorial!!! I'm making my sisters purses for christmas and that would be the perfect little something extra!!!

SewLindaAnn said...

I would love to know how to do this so quickly. I have so many cards bunched together they all fall out when I try to find them.

Lurline said...

Sounds like a great idea, Joy!
HJugs - Lurline♥

Gloria J W said...

Just what every modern girl needs... wants ... and how clever of you to design it for us!! Your daughter has done a great job of her assignmetn. Tell her congratulations from me!! I think she's a winner!!
Rainbow smiles... Gloria

Chookyblue...... said...

bears art work is beautiful..........love the hills hoist and yes mine has been getting a work out today also......

Debbie said...

How about a pdf to download the rewards wallet. Either way I would love to make one. What a great idea. I could make for all my non-credit cards. My wallet is exploading with cards, I need help baddly so please show us how to make it.

Anne D said...

What a great idea. I love all your stitcheries you have shared recently too.

Bears art project is great and soooo Austrlian.We ahve been living in the US for 3 years and have not seen a Hills Hoist!!

Wendyb said...

ooooo wonderful Joy, i think a tut would be fantastic.....my wallet constantly bulges with cards, both plastic and paper...particularly appointment cards...and do you think I can ever find them again before appointment day?????? You are super clever my friend and it's easy to see where your very talented daughter gets it from!!!!
Congrats to you both!
XX Sugary hugs 'o)

Solstitches said...

Oh I hope you do decide to do a tutorial for the little wallet.
I could definitely find a good use for one of those.

Margaret

Needled Mom said...

Great idea. We all have cards flowing from every pocket in our purses.

Rosa said...

Great card.I need one to my camera.

Maria said...

What a great idea, I could use one of those. Love your fabric too!

Love Bears work. Go Girl!!!

Cory said...

This would be a great tutorial. It would make great little gifts for Christmas. Thank you for sharing it with us. Take care and God bless, Cory

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Great idea I am always searching through a pile of various cards looking for the right one. I would love a tutorial on your card keeper. Thanks for sharing :-)

Anonymous said...

I would love a tutorial...looks like a great little Xmas present!
Barb

Allie said...

I'd love a tutorial - wouldn't that make a great little Christmas gift! Yours is truly darling. And um, Joy, I don't think one can ever have too many doughnuts....

Your camera case is so cute! Is that a good camera for everyday shots? I'm in the market, but want something that will zoom AND do macro.

I think Bear's project is wonderful. I love the 3D aspect of it. When I clicked on the picture it got bigger and I could see the wire - she's talented and clever!

Ruby said...

Definitely,your daughter has talent. Would love a tutorial. Will make great Christmas gifts for those you don't expect a lot but appreciate the thought. :)

WoolenSails said...

Great little card holder. I made one with two pockets and thinking they would make great gifts.

Debbie

Jolene said...

I had the same problem and made one for myself. The one you made looks a little bigger so I would love to see a tutorial on this one. Thanks!

Rita said...

your card wallet is just too dawgone cute! would love a tutorial on how to make one, just in time for Christmas gift giving.
rita

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy! What a clever idea for storing your cards! My old wallet had lots of room for cards, but the new one doesn't and most of my rewards cards are now in a funny little plastic flip folder that disappears into the depths of my bag and is so hard to find and getting very tattered looking. A tutorial from the inventor would be lovely! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Isabella said...

Yet another great idea I can never find mine either, gosh your DH has done a great job on the hills hoist I still have an old hills that mnst have been around when Noah was a boy it's soo big I can hang two queen sized sheets on just the one line of it love it to bits.

Narelle said...

Hi Joy, Love the chop rewards cards holder and yes please could you do a tutorial i would love to make one of these. Please tell Bear that i just loved the picture that she did for her assignment it would look great on my walls up here. If i was the teacher it would be a A+. Have a great weekend.
Big hugs
Narelle

Anonymous said...

Love you card holder, I too have made one for myself to lessen the load in my wallet.
Love your new camera and hope you can go on the bike soon.
We are going away next weekend and I will carry my camera with us and take photos while driving along.

Anonymous said...

I need to make one of those reward card holders too Joy, I have a bag load of them *lol*

wonderwoman said...

Wow, Bears project is a-maz-ing!!! a tutorial for your lovely wallet would be brilliant!!


xxx

Annie said...

Hi Joy
I think this is a very clever idea. I too seem to have a rather impressive collection of these reward cards, I might need more than one. Your daughters art work is also impressive.

Vintage Sandy said...

Yes, please do a tutorial for the card wallet it is way toooooooo cute!!

Beeeme! said...

On the tutorial for the card holder...YES!

Unknown said...

Would love the tutorial on the little reward walet, what a great little gift for my sewing girlfriends!
Thanks so much
Ruth

Unknown said...

Would love to see a tutoriial on the rewards wallet!
Thanks
Ruth

Thimbleanna said...

Your little reward wallet is adorable Joy! And the camera cover too -- love those fabrics!

Teresa said...

Hi Joy, your loyalty card wallet is fantastic. Please tell your daughter I think her art assignment is absolutely wonderful. I LOVE it... she is very talented so tell her to keep it up... the world will benefit :)

Jude said...

Joy the little rewards folder is cute and please give us a tutorial as I really need to make one.