Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not quite a picnic in the park!!

DH and I decided last week that come what may we would venture up to Maleny this weekend. We got a new picnic basket as a Christmas pressie from SIL and BIL and thought it was the perfect opportunity to christen it. Hmmmm. Perhaps not. Unfortunately it really wasn't the weather for a picnic, but we were optomistic, we thought it would get better. So after checking out the latest Endeavour Prize home (gorgeous by the way ... wouldn't mind moving if we won that one!!!) we headed to the shops for a bit of a wander. DH found the perfect Welcome sign for our home ....I love it .... but this is the other side ...... he he, perfect for when you want to be alone!!!Do you love his "scary" face???? LOL, he looks tough doesn't he!!?!!?! Nah, I didn't think so either ;o). So we did a little browsing, and a little shopping ... and this is what we drove through to find our "perfect picnic spot" ......You can't really tell by the piccy cos the wipers were on but it was absolutely tipping down!! So here's where we ended up having our picnic ......Not quite what we had in mind.....but hey ... it was warm and dry :o).......... cute picnic basket doncha think?? It reminds me of Yogi Bear and Boo Boo - maybe we should call it our 'pickanick basket' instead LOL.

As for stitching, I've been getting a bit more done on my Hexagon quilt ... the border is growing ... I took this pic a couple of days ago and I've done some more since then. I'm really happy with how it's coming along :o).I'm off to put the kettle on now ... I baked this cake this afternoon and I can hear it beckoning to me ....... yummmmm .... Lemon Fudge cake :o)Hope your weekend was a good one ...
Take care ...

11 comments:

Terry said...

Oh I love that welcome sign!! And your hexagons look fantastic! Some day I'll be brave enough to try them myself. :0)

Unknown said...

JOY, Don't you know their is an unwritten rule in blogging that you must follow. You can't show delicious looking desserts without including the recipe!!! Whats up with that? LOL! I have never heard of lemon fudge cake. Would you please share the recipe?

Julia said...

Love the welcome sign Joy..
lemon fudge cake, i love anything with lemon..
What a down pour you had, must have come on suddenly,, at least it was dry in the car.
Julia ♥

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Way to go!! Don't let a little bad weather dampen your picnic. Love the picnic basket too. Very nice. Hubby doesnt look mean at all. I doubt he could look mean. But I love that sign. Perfect for your new place. :)
The cake looks yummy!!!!!!

Dawn said...

Love the improvised picnic...And that hexagon quilt is looking swell.How many altogether? Now for the recipe of that delish cake...Yum Yum.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love the hexagon quilt...such a lot of stitching!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Joy! Seems to me that you and DH were 'smarter than the average bear' to stay in the car!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Love that Welcome/not so welcome sign! Oooooohhhh ... lemon fudge cake ..... when's our coffee date?!?! Tee! Hee! Hee! (Yogi) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Sherri said...

A picnic in the car can be fun! And I love your hexagon quilt!

wonderwoman said...

i love your pickaknit basket!! Yogi would be proud!
i could just eat a piece of that cake now with a hot cuppa to thaw me out!

xxxx

RG said...

Hi Joy! :c)
Sounds like you had a good day and I lov the Welcome sign too.
I found you through the hexie blog and I wanted to say your GFG is beautiful...love your colours..and..that you are most welcome to join our Quilt-along if you would like to.
Hugs Robyn xx
http://hexagonquilt-along.blogspot.com/

Bec said...

In spite of the weather it seems like you and dh had a lovely day out. Love the sign, how cool is that!
Bec xxx