Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Precious Moments and lotsa stitching!

I visited my Mum today with the main objective being to clean out her spare room. She has a friend coming over from UK in a few weeks and we had to make the room livable!! We had such fun and got loads of work done even though we spent ages ooohing and aaahing over things we hadn't seen in months (or more!!) - old photos, letters - even a tiny flower girl dress she wore when she was 3 - she's now 76!!! What a treasure that is :o). It was one of those days I'll remember for a long time as we had such a laugh. Precious moments.
It's also been fun these past few days to put all the (above) blocks together for Brooke's (DD1's dear friend) and Lewis' wedding quilt. I love it when all the blocks are done and I can lay them all out on the floor and then stand back and view the finished layout ... it's such a treat to see it life-size for the first time!!! I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself because the wedding isn't until February!! I won't dare say that I'm way ahead of schedule for fear of jinxing myself, but I am feeling a little bit pleased. For the first time I'm trying a bit of freehand quilting (other than a meandering or stippling pattern) and I'm just loving it!!! A friend from my quilting group urged me to give it a go and I'm so glad she did, what fun - thanks Jenny!!!

Another day out tomorrow with my friends Valerie and Lyn, we have some quilt tops that we made with another friend, Margrit - and we're taking them to Project Linus where they will become quilts for needy children. Here's a squiz at what we've been up to.


There's Treasure Island on the top, the middle one is hard to see but it's all spiders and creepy crawlys and on the bottem is Teddy Bear's Picnic. Hope they like them :o).

That's all from me ... I'm off to bed...

Joy :o)

No comments: